sabato 28 gennaio 2017

Preview: “Torn away from you” by Benedetta Cipriano.



Title: Torn away from you
Author: Benedetta Cipriano
Series: self-contained
Publisher: Self Publishing
Publication Date: January 29, 2017
Literary genre: Contemporary Novel


Probably, if lived together, life can become less scary…

Hope fights every day against a strange obsessive-compulsive disorder in an attempt to silence the pain caused by past disappointments.
She spends her time curled up in an alternative reality that seems to anesthetize her pain and give her courage. Thin and fragile she hides her body in a t-shirt too big for her and her heart from indiscreet eyes.
Nate is an ex-marine, now a krav maga instructor, with a cumbersome memory that gnaws at his soul day after day. His heart has remained buried in the rubble in Afghanistan. 
He fights silencing his anger in his gym, teaching students to defend themselves from physical and moral attacks.
When their paths cross for the first time, inside a deserted supermarket, they can no longer turn back: Hope, in the throes of a panic attack, is rescued by Nate who appears out of nowhere.
From that time on in each other’s eyes, they can no longer live one without the other.
Can two lost souls together start fighting again? Even when everything seems lost, perhaps there is always hope and the possibility of choosing? 


When i find that i must write a review of a book that has tuched my heart, i find it diffucult to express completely what i think.
If i didn’t know the author it wouldn’t be difficult to exchange this book for a amerian story, with a tingt of swit / sour, ful of emotion, to leave you completely empty, at the end of the book.
“Torn away from you” is a book with big “B”, a book where every line can emphasize a frase, so lovely the words of Benedetta.
The novelti us th story of Nate and Hope, two protagonist signed by a pass, that slowly wears out.




Hope became a fragile girl, hidden behind her long blonde hair, and clothes too big for her minute body. Heavy on the mind of Nate, are the signs of war.
Signs of sestruction that are difficult to run away from.
The war changes you for ever, physically alive, but mentally destroyed, you see scenes that you don’t want see and infront of your eyes, terrible imagines are forsed on you.
You don’t live, just survive.
Nate and Hope, are joined together by suffering, and if they lived together they would be less frightened.

It takes very little to put an end to happiness.
It takes an angry look and a gesture to destroy a handful of desires, of which never whispered that you express observing the glint of a shooting star, preserving them, with the promise that one day, perhaps far, they would come true.

Pain cannot be cancelled, wounds cannot dissappear in one day, but toy can the opportunity for a person to helpt get on ther feet again.
A citizen of Charles Bkowski that I love, says: “You can touch only those that have a soul more in flame than yours. Thise allow you to touch the heart, everythin”. 
And Hope allows Nate to help her, because is glance she sees hereself.

“An intense look, but full of anguish crossed my green eyes. Not bright green eyes, but dull, faded, almost sleepy and aching green eyes. His gaze was also full of pain.
I know that look, it’s mine. It is the look of one who flees.”



Before I realize it, the fascinatting story of Benedetta has entered my bones, leaving me without breath, it wasn’t Nate + Hope, but me, my skeletons and a book that swept me away.
I wrote these lines with tears in my eyes, pupils delated and runny nose. 
There’s a frase that reopened my wounds, but I’ve forgotten.

“The punches do not hurt me, but they continue to fight their incessant battle.
Today I am someone else’s body to whom a sentence has been given, I am a broken promise, an intense pain, and an open wound from which rivers of blood flow.”

Nate in a MAN - because, although young, more a “man”-  that every woman wants by her side a man that rispects you, doesen’t take advantage of in silence, makes you reborn.
Hope is a warriorer, that has forgotten how to fight, and if every day continues to, her torments are wearing out.




E. M. Claran says: “ a book must delivein to wounds, a book must be danger”. For me, this novel is dangerous, gave me wounds that I  thought were forgotten, made me remember how wounds can move h hurricanes uncontrolled deep in the soul. In POV of both persons, I saw two destroyed souls!

The author, has a world inside ready to explode, the moment her fingers touch the keyboard. I saw every emotion she tried to trasmit and to me. Her words are blades, similar to roses, beautiful but dangerous.
I don’t know the winning elements, that make novel famous, nor what makes a high classic.
Certanly this author is not for everyone, because few people can understand her words and her shades of her souls. I have never spoken to her, I kow of her novel, but never read it. Now I have the opportunity, I see i made a big mistake not reading it.
I should have written a review on my emotions that it gave me, but I realize the words are not worthy to what I felt. Froom deep in my heart, I thank Benedetta Cipriano for giving the worlds, such a lovely story. And to finish, I want to give this  wonderful phrase of this book!

We live internal wars every day, and there is no moment when we do not lose something, a part of us, but then we find it again.
Life is a continuous bereavement, it is a fight to win, to meet again and then run once more, hoping to recover the lost part of our being.


Alexandra


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento